Document Shredding Services in Oakton
Oakton’s Trusted Document Shredding Company for Over 30 Years
Purpose of Shredding
ImageX has been serving Oakton, VA with document shredding services for over 30 years. ImageX provides various services to streamline your paperless digitization goals, as well as secure document shredding to assist you in getting rid of all of your paper! There are various reasons people turn to document shredding—whether it’s for policy reasons at work or security concerns—and we are happy to provide any services needed.
Give us a call at (703) 883-2500 or request an estimate online for document shredding services in Oakton, Virginia.
Benefits of Document Shredding
When it comes to document shredding in Oakton, VA, it is required by law that documents be destroyed securely. This is especially true for companies in the medical, legal, and government fields. Legal requirements for these fields include having the documents shredded and destroyed, then providing evidence that the shredding process was successful.
Benefits of document shredding include:
- Document shredding gives businesses peace of mind knowing that their information has been destroyed properly.
- Shredding keeps the landfills from filling up sooner than they should.
- Shredding of personal information can keep a company compliant with state and federal regulations about how to destroy or handle personal information.
- Document shredding provides a safe and clean way of taking care of trash.
- The document shredding process gives you the joy of knowing that you are doing your part to protect the environment and the personal lives of your customers.
Why imageX for Document Shredding?
There are a few things you will want to look for when you are hiring someone to take care of your company’s shredding needs, including:
- Document Pickup – Our team will pick up your files and make sure that they make it securely to the shredding facility.
- Security – Security is important when it comes to document shredding. We have the procedures set in place to keep all files secure during transit and at our shredding facility. All documents are shredded to the point that they are impossible to piece together or read from.
- Experience – In choosing imageX, you are going with a paper shredding company that has years of experience working with companies in the medical, legal, and governmental fields. ImageX has the proper experience to deal with your sensitive documents.
- Customer Service – Our staff would be happy to answer any questions, provide a free quote, and help explain the process of document shredding.
Give imageX a call at (703) 883-2500 or request a quote online to schedule document shredding services in Oakton.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a document shredding service?
Yes, you do need shredding services. A lot of businesses often make the mistake of assuming they can do the shredding on their own. However, shredding your own documents doesn’t provide the security needed for the task. Your clients’ and employees’ information should be handled privately and securely – which is why you should trust a third-party shredding service.
Isn’t it safer if I just ask my own employees to shred the documents?
While this option may be cost-effective, it is also very risky. When you use your own employees for document shredding, it is a risk because they are likely knowledgeable about which materials contain sensitive information. When it comes to data destruction, the less a person knows about the documents, the better.
Can I just take documents directly to a recycling facility?
Though all documents end up in the recycling plant, the state in which they arrive matters. If you take them directly to a recycling plant without getting shredding first, you run the risk of exposing your data to the people at the recycling plant. It’s safer to get your documents shredded privately and effectively before they are taken to a recycling facility.